Prevention of dental caries in children of 3-7 years
Information from the English Dental Department of health toolkit.
- Brush teeth twice a day, last thing at night and on one other occasion.
- Brushing should be supervised, and a pea sized amount placed on the brush.
- Use a 1450 ppm fluoride toothpaste.
- Tell the child to spit out after brushing but not to rinse with a large volume of water.
- Make sure that sugary foods and drinks are confined to meal times only.
- prescribe sugar-free medicine.