Prevention of caries in adults
Information from the English Dental Department of health toolkit.
- Brush twice daily, including just before bed time.
- Use 1450 ppm fluoride toothpaste.
- Spit out paste, do not rinse mouth after brushing.
- Limit sugary food and drinks to meal times only.
- An oscillating/ rotating power toothbrush could be helpful in improving plaque control.
- A fluoride mouth rinse used at a different time from tooth brushing, will be helpful to individuals with caries problems.